Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Any Pro users out there?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Roger/Ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2005
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    From my Altec days in Anaheim I have 4 937 proto type cabinets with 808-16B and 917-16 (bia-amp set up no crossovers)
    I am interested in selling all 4 and wonder if they are worth $125 a box
    These "proto type" cabinets were made out of 3/4 plywood with out the angled cut for monitor use (just a square box with R-19 insulation) and I had the boxes carpeted with gray indoor-outdoor
    I used them a few times and now they just sit in the corners of my home
    I have j-pegs of them.

    Anyone interested?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If the drivers are included, that's way too cheap my friend (sorry guys). You could likely nearly double that for the drivers alone on eBay if they're in good condition.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Roger/Ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2005
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In each box
    1-808-16B (alnico pot, tangerine phase plug)
    1-Mini Manta ray horn (Sorry I forgot the model number)
    1-12" 917-16
    They had a stack of 16 ohm stuff brand new for employee sales (nicked and scratched)
    and my though was 4-16 ohm boxes on one 9440 set for Bia-amping, it worked good
    So I bought the 4 proto-type boxes they used for testing in the anechoic (spelling) chamber and stuffed them with the horns, drivers and woofers
    I have a friend who sells on E-bay and if no one is interested here, I will next try the recycler adds and then I will try E-bay Otherwise I will offer them here first for $150 each
    I live in the Anaheim area 15 minutes from the old Altec plant

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member DSauro's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2004
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    106
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Roger, you still have those two black & gray 817's with the 421-16lf's?

    Dave Sauro

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Roger/Ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2005
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    DAVE! Long time! How ya been! No, and I think those boxes are in a store unit in Las Vegas with some other Altec stuff The only thing I have left is these 4 937 proto types all 16 ohm componets and these are the last of the Altec stuff except for a few 16 ohm diaphragms that I might sell or build some smaller boxes (10 with a one inch) for small events, also some pear less transformers I use for isolation and impedance matching on big shows

    Where can I e-mail you at?

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Roger/Ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2005
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oops
    Sorry I see you E-mail address above

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Steve Mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2006
    Posts
    732
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

    Post

    Roger/Ana ...Hi!
    Hey would you send some pics to my email address...I'm interested in these...thanks!

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Roger/Ana's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2005
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did you receive the J-pegs?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.